View all 1211 Jobs
Job vacancy Association Accountant
View all 1211 Jobs
POSITION: Association Accountant
PLACE OF ASSIGNMENT: Central Region Milk Producers Association Secretariate in Lilongwe
Central Region Milk Producers Association (CREMPA) is an umbrella body of dairy farmers in Malawi's central region. The association was established in 1985 but registered in 2005 as a Trustee under the Trustee Incorporation Act. CREMPA works to advance the interest of dairy farmers and promote increased milk production and collective milk marketing for improved income for dairy farmers and nutrition of dairy farming households and Malawian milk consumers in rural and urban areas. Currently, CREMPA has over 7,000 dairy farmers organized in more than 55 Milk Bulking Groups (MBGs).
CREMPA would like to procure the services of an Accountant to be part of CREMPA management at secretariate. The contract will run from April 2021 to June 2023.
- Handling of the day-to-day Project financial management requirements. ∙ Providing support and financial advice to The Association Manager and program staff regarding donor funds tracking, project budgets and financial reporting. ∙ Ensuring that all field expenditure supporting documents are properly and securely filed.
- Maintaining comprehensive internal controls on grant funds and sub-contracts for services and goods suppliers.
- Coordinating the annual budgeting process and tracking of actual performance against the budgets.
- Keeping accurate and complete financial records with summary reports tracking monthly revenue and expenditure on all contracts at each month-end.
- Advising management on binding tax and employment national obligations. ∙ Managing the disbursement and accounting of funds advanced to project staff and goods and services suppliers.
- Preparing accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and annual internal and external financial reports.
- Any other duty as directed by management from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Should be a holder of a Bachelor’s degree in Finance Management or Accounting with professional accounting qualifications such as ACCA/CIMA and at least 3 years of relevant work experience. Those with a Technician Diploma in accounting and professional accounting qualifications should have at least 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Should be familiar with donor-funded projects and donor funds compliance requirements and documentation.
- Should have practical knowledge in managing EU/IFAD/USAID/DfID funds
- Should be a self-starter willing to work during odd hours when need be.
To apply please use any of the following options,
Submit electronic copies of a cover letter, CV with references, and scanned copies of relevant certificates to:
Email: [email protected] and cc [email protected]
or alternatively submit a cover letter, CV with references, copies of relevant certificates to Central Region Milk Producers Association, Along Likuni Road, Next to MDI.
Please explain in your cover letter why you are interested in the position, your relevant experience, and what you would bring to the role. Interviews will be held soon after the deadline so please indicate your telephone number in your application.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 18th April, 2021.
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
See all jobs