View all 1132 Jobs
Job vacancy Primary School Teachers (2 posts)
View all 1132 Jobs
Primary School Teachers (2 posts)
Lilongwe Pentecostal Church Christian School (LPCCS) is a well-established school, registered with the Government of Malawi and recognized by the Ministry of Education. LPCCS follows Government calendar and is compliant with the Education Curriculum issued by the Malawi Institute of Education and enforced by the Ministry of Education. LPCCS is founded on Christian values and was officially opened in 1997 following resolutions of the National Executive Committee of Pentecostal Assemblies of Malawi (PAOM). LPCCS accepts learners from other faith backgrounds.
LPCCS is urgently looking for well qualified and suitable Primary School Teachers to fill 2 teaching positions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidates shall report to the Head Teacher and will be responsible for the following:
- Preparing schemes of work and lesson plans;
- Identifying relevant teaching/ learning materials; and
- Preparing teaching/learning materials and notes.
- Devising appropriate methods of teaching and assessing learners;
- Ensuring that the relevant teaching/learning materials are available and improvise where necessary;
- Ensuring that the subject content is delivered within the allocated time; and
- Ensuring that the classroom environment is conducive for learning.
3. CLASSROOM MANAGEMENT
- Maintaining discipline in the classroom;
- Identifying and responding to learners needs;
- Providing counseling and guidance to the learners; and
- Assessing learners regularly.
- Attending department, staff meetings as well as general assemblies;
- Leading in daily class devotions;
- Maintaining records such as attendance registers, progress records and scholastic information; and
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCES
The candidate must have:
- Malawi Schools Certificate of Education or equivalent;
- T2 Teaching Certificate from a well-recognized institution;
- National Reading Program(NRP) knowledge;
- Teaching experience of not less than three years; and
- Practicing Christian of good standing with his/her church.
The candidate must be:
- Able to lead others
- Mature and self-disciplined.
SALARY: LPCCS offers a competitive remuneration package commensurate with qualification and experience.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Candidates who meet the above criteria should send their application, with at least three traceable referees and copies of their certificates to:
Lilongwe Pentecostal Church Christian School
P. O. Box 30331
The applications to be received not later than 30th January 2021.
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
See all jobs