View all 1132 Jobs
Job vacancy Project Coordinator
View all 1132 Jobs
POSITION : Project Coordinator
DUTY STATION : Lilongwe
REPORTS TO : Executive Director
JOB PURPOSE: To lead and support the delivery of BASEDA Madzi Mjigo projects, theperformance of its team, and the smooth functioning of its operations.
Delivery of programmes
- Manage the team’s successful implementation of ongoing WASH Operations and Maintenance projects and development of future projects.
- Ensure programmes are regularly reviewed through project plans and budgets, work plans and monitoring.
- Ensure activities are implemented within established budgetary parameters.
- Ongoing team coordination and support
- Manage the Madzi -Mjigo team, and support the overall team to perform.
- Work with the team to coordinate all activities, establish and delegate responsibilities of teams and individuals, and support the team to problem-solve.
- Lead in development of project proposals and other donor relations activities.
- Work with project and finance staff to prepare project plans and budgets for approval.
Governance and reporting
- Support the BASEDA Executive Director and management team by producing information for decision-making.
- Develop quarterly and annual reports and ensure documentation and dissemination of best practices and innovative program approaches in the program.
- In collaboration with M&E officer develop monitoring and evaluation plans to track progress towards achievements and targets.
- In collaboration with other staff and Council members, represent BASEDA activities and ensure good linkages with communities and other stakeholders, relevant authorities, Water Development, other NGOs and business stakeholders spare parts suppliers and retailers.
- Collaborate with relevant Council members and staff to assess the performance of BASEDA activities according to its objectives and plans.
- Identify potential programme improvement, increased cost effectiveness, or operational changes
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS
- Degree in Water Engineering, Health, Community Development, Water Resources Management, Project Management or a related field and 2 years relevant experience with development programmes or organisational management.
- 2 years experience in managing a WASH or water project.
- 1-year experience in M/E or database management or data collection and analysis.
- Experience in conducting CBM trainings and borehole maintenance is a plus.
- Ability to manage budgets, income and spending.
- Good external relations and communications skills, report writing and presentation skills.
- Self-motivated and the ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work with others and to maintain compatibility among staff and partners.
- Valid motorbike riding licence.
Eligible candidates meeting the required qualifications and experience should send applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and names of three traceable referees enclosed in an envelope clearly marked Project Coordinator to the following address:
The Executive Director
Basic Services Development Agency (BASEDA)
Plot #47/03/213, Malili Drive
P. O. Box 31405
Email: [email protected]
Not later than 2ndFebruary, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated.
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
See all jobs