View all 1132 Jobs
Job vacancy Hotline Worker/Nurse
View all 1132 Jobs
VillageReach transforms health care delivery to reach everyone, so that each person has the health care needed to thrive. We develop solutions that improve equity and access to primary health care. This includes making sure products are available when and where they are needed and primary health care services are delivered to the most under-reached. Radical collaboration with governments, the private sector and other partners strengthen our ability to scale and sustain these solutions. Our work increases access to quality health care for more than 40 million people in sub-Saharan Africa. VillageReach in incorporated in Washington State and has offices in Seattle (USA), Democratic Republic of Congo, Malawi, and Mozambique.
Chipatala Cha Pa Foni (CCPF) is a mHealth innovation developed by VillageReach Malawi, which offers a 24 hour toll free health service. VillageReach transitioned CCPF to the Ministry of Health on July 1, 2019 and is currently supporting the Ministry of Health recruit additional hotline workers. In response to the rapid need to increase hotline staff due to COVID-19, 35 temporary staff will be hired directly by VillageReach and funded by GIZ.
CCPF is searching for qualified and energetic individuals to fill the position of Hotline Worker/Nurse (Certified health care professionals. Fluent Tumbuka and Yao Speakers will have added advantage).
Based in Lilongwe, the Hotline Worker/Nurse will work closely with the Hotline Supervisor in providing relevant health information and advice to callers to address the lack of access to timely and appropriate health information and advice that rural communities face.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Follow a computer-based program to provide accurate, up-to-date information to callers on general health and nutrition.
- Refer callers to appropriate resources.
- Conduct follow-up calls to callers who were referred for further services.
- Collect accurate data about calls and callers.
- Identify cases for publication.
- Participate and present at weekly Hotline review meetings.
- Work shifts scheduled by supervisor.
- Attend regular debriefing sessions.
- Report to the supervisor any hotline technical hiccups experienced and measures already taken to resolve the issue.
- Contribute to Innovative ideas that can be improved on and adopted by VillageReach.
- Be a team player at all times and ensure that you actively contribute to team building.
- Document any emerging issues from the callers’ interactions to facilitate further learning.
- Take an active role in improving your own performance by seriously adhering to performance improvement practices.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the authorities within this sphere of work.
The following competencies reflect what is expected of all VillageReach employees; including examples of how one might demonstrate each of these competencies in one’s role.
Personal Motivation and Drive: Is self-directed in one’s approach to work, but asks for help when needed; holds oneself accountable; undertakes self-development activities; seeks to build and master new skills; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities within the organization
Collaboration & Effective Communication: Establishes and maintains effective relations with coworkers, partners & stakeholders and external parties; works collaboratively with others to accomplish organizational and team goals and objectives; works actively to resolve conflicts; expresses ideas and thoughts effectively; selects and uses appropriate communication methods and maintains meaningful communication with virtual coworkers and other parties to keep them informed
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion: Takes personal responsibility for and supports others across the organization in creating and sustaining a diverse work environment where individuals are welcomed, valued, respected and supported; personally committed to attaining cultural competency including self-awareness of one’s own attitudes about culture and cross-cultural interactions; exhibits the willingness and ability to engage openly and respectfully around issues of race, colonialism, identity and culture; upholds equity in access to sharing of information, ideas, and opportunities throughout VillageReach
Commitment to Excellence: Produces a high output of work, both in terms of quality and quantity; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; monitors work to ensure quality; has a personal commitment to the mission of VillageReach
Solution Orientation & Innovation: Focuses on results and desired outcomes and how to best achieve them; gets the job done; sees opportunities for creative problem-solving while staying within the parameters of good practice; sees old problems in new ways and has novel approaches to solving those problems; contributes original and/or resourceful ideas to their area of responsibility; is able to consider and articulate risks and consequences of proposed innovations and factor these into decision-making
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education & Experience:
- At least a Diploma in Nursing and Midwifery Technician
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant hands on experience
- Must be registered with the Nurses and Midwives council of Malawi. Certificates required for employment.
- Fluency in English and Chichewa, Tumbuka and or Yao will be an added advantage;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Demonstrated understanding of public health challenges in rural, underserved and low-income communities, particularly in Malawi;
- This position is only open to Malawi citizens.
- Environment and Physical Demands
The Hotline Worker/Nurse will work in a shared office with meeting rooms accessible for privacy and meetings.
The position will be based in Lilongwe, Malawi, and will report directly to the Hotline Supervisor but will work closely with the Senior Hotline Supervisor and the CCPF Program Manager. Salary is aligned with the Malawi
Government Salary scale for similar positions.
This position is open as of February 1, 2021 and resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis up. To apply,
please submit your resume and a cover letter to our online portal: http://www.villagereach.org/join-us/
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
See all jobs