View all 1132 Jobs
Job vacancy Medicines Dispensers (2 posts)
View all 1132 Jobs
Medicines Dispensers (2 posts)
Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. In Malawi, MSF works in collaboration with the Ministry of Health and the local community in integrated HIV/AIDS in Chiradzulu District and Cervical Cancer projects Blantyre districts.
MSFF is looking for its Blantyre Coordination office:
Position: MEDICINES DISPENSER (2 POSITIONS)
Workplace : Blantyre- QECH
Type of contract : 1 month Fixed term contract with possible extension
Start date : Immediate
Main purpose of the positionTo provide an accurate, timely, and qualitative dispensing service of drugs according to medical prescriptions and MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to improve the patient’s health conditions
- Dispensing medication to patients according to medical prescription, ensuring the medication is labelled with the correct drug name, strength, quantity, expiry date, directions for use and additional required information and providing clear instructions and advice on how to take the drug, when, how long, how to store, possible side-effects and any other relevant warnings. Making sure the patient understands in order to ensure correct treatment.
- Adhering to MSF practice policies and procedures for dispensing medicines, in particular those relating to controlled drugs and ensuring respect of confidentiality in dispensing
- Placing accurate and timely orders with the central stock, maintaining minimum stock levels of medicines, checking expiry dates and storage conditions and ensuring no medicines or material are taken out of the dispensary without authorization
- Maintaining accurate dispensing records and regularly reporting them to his/her technical reference. Ensuring returned and out-of-date medication is safely removed to a well designated quarantine zone for unwanted pharmaceuticals, separated from the normal stock
- Organizing and keeping clean the dispensing area, ensuring cleanliness and care in handling medicines to avoid contamination and mix-up. Maintaining dispensary equipment, ensuring it is clean, accurate and in a good state of repair.
- Maintaining the integrity and security of the dispensary by admitting only authorized personnel and ensuring that all medicines are stored as appropriate. Reporting immediately to the technical reference on any problem arising in the service (especially loss, robbery, quality problems with medicines (abnormal changes in colour, consistency, and odour) damage of medical equipment or medicines).
- Carrying out Patient Therapeutic Education (PTE) and interacting with patient using a patient based approach to accompany chronic disease (HIV, TB, etc.) patients along their visits. Receiving patients, informing about treatment and adherence, giving appointment for the next drug delivery. Informing the medical doctor in case of lack of adherence and identifying the reasons and finding solutions to improve adherence.
- Understanding, recording and informing on any complaint received from patients related to medicine use or side effects.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Essential knowledge of basic mathematics and use of measuring equipment,
- Desirable computer literacy (word, excel),
- Results and Quality Orientation,
- Teamwork and Cooperation,
- Behavioural Flexibility,
- Commitment to MSF Principles,
- Stress Management,
- Paramedical background,
- working experience of at least 6 months is essential,
- Good knowledge of English.
How to apply
Documents to provide:
- Cover letter, Updated CV, ID Copy and relevant certificates
Deadline for submission of application: 24th January, 2021
Application should be submitted to:
Coordinator Human Resources
Médecins sans Frontières France
Po Box 2736
Blantyre – Malawi
E-mail address: [email protected]
With in object: 202101_MEDICINES DISPENSER- COVID RESPONSE
NOTE: Please clearly indicate the position title on the application. Letters, CVs and any documentation included in application package will not be returned. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. MSF is an equal opportunity employer: all applicants will be equally considered under the same criteria and expectations. MSF does not charge any application/recruitment or training fees: if ever you are requested to pay any amount to process your application or access employment with MSF, do not pay and please inform the MSF administration on email: [email protected] as soon as possible.
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
- Employee | Full Time | 6 Mar, 2021JOB BYMyJobo
See all jobs