View all 1132 Jobs
Job vacancy Medical Interpreter
View all 1132 Jobs
Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. In Malawi, MSF works in collaboration with the Ministry of Health and the local community in integrated HIV/AIDS in Chiradzulu District and Cervical Cancer projects Blantyre districts.
MSFF is looking for its Blantyre Coordination office:
Position: MEDICAL INTERPRETER (1 POSITION)
Workplace : Blantyre- QECH
Type of contract : 1 month Fixed term contract with possible extension
Start date : Immediate
Main purpose of the position
- Verbal interpretation, in person or remotely, during daily medical activities (medical round, consultations, interviews, meetings, etc.) and written translations, from the English to Chichewa or vice versa, in order to ensure accurate, respectful, fluent and confidential communication between medical staff and local population.
- Inform medical staff about important cultural nuances to consider during a meeting, medical consultation or interview with local people.
- Participate in staff trainings and meetings as an interpreter.
- Provide face to face interpreting, as well as during telephone and radio calls or other telecom devices, when necessary.
- Adapt communication to any circumstances, using appropriate language registry as well as diplomatic and courtesy manners.
- Translate MSF internal / external documents into local language(s).
- Keep record of all translated documents.
- Look after all equipment provided, i.e. dictionaries or other books that belong to MSF
- Ensure confidentiality and medical secrecy.
- Essential secondary education.
- Previous working experience required. Desirable with MSF or other NGOs
How to apply
Documents to provide:
- Cover letter, Updated CV, ID Copy and relevant certificates
Deadline for submission of application: 24th January, 2021
Application should be submitted to:
Coordinator Human Resources
Médecins sans Frontières France
Po Box 2736
Blantyre – Malawi
E-mail address: [email protected]
With in object: 202101_MEDICAL INTERPRETER_COVID RESPONSE
NOTE: Please clearly indicate the position title on the application. Letters, CVs and any documentation included in application package will not be returned. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. MSF is an equal opportunity employer: all applicants will be equally considered under the same criteria and expectations. MSF does not charge any application/recruitment or training fees: if ever you are requested to pay any amount to process your application or access employment with MSF, do not pay and please inform the MSF administration on email: [email protected] as soon as possible.
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
- Employee | Full Time | 6 Mar, 2021JOB BYMyJobo
See all jobs