View all 1133 Jobs
Job vacancy Library Security Guards (3 Positions)
View all 1133 Jobs
Library Security Guards (3 Positions)
The College of Medicine (CoM) was established in 1991 as a constituent college of the University of Malawi. Its mission is to be an academic centre of excellence in the training of doctors and other health professionals in clinical service and medical research, responsive to the health needs of Malawi and its neighbours within the Southern African region. In pursuit of the mission, the CoM is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacancies:
Position: Library Security Guard (3 Positions – Blantyre)
Reporting to the College Librarian, the Library Security Guard is expected to maintain security and order in the library premises.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Opening and closing the Library;
- Manning library entrances and exits;
- Welcoming library users into the Library;
- Checking incoming and outgoing materials;
- Providing security to library premises and facilities;
- Assisting in fire- fighting drills;
- Arranging chairs and tables in the library;
- Inspecting and reporting vandalism and suspicious activity;
- Filing and assisting with incident reports;
- Patrolling reading areas to provide a visible security presence;
- Monitoring the reading areas and picking up books for shelving;
- Any other related duties as assigned from time to time.
- Applicants must have an MSCE.
- Minimum experience of two years in a busy security organization.
- Those with experience in Library security of higher learning institution will have an added advantage.
- Good communication skills
- Team work
How to Apply
Applications with copies of certificates and detailed Curriculum Vitae including names, contacts and emails of 3 traceable referees should be sent to:
College of Medicine
Private Bag 360
Email: [email protected]
Applications should be submitted by 21st December, 2020. Please indicate the title of the post in the subject line (email submissions) and on the envelope (hard copy submissions). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
- Employee | Full Time | 6 Mar, 2021JOB BYMyJobo
See all jobs