View all 1134 Jobs
Job vacancy Assistant Security Liaison Officer
View all 1134 Jobs
Assistant Security Liaison Officer
The College of Medicine (CoM) was established in 1991 as a constituent college of the University of Malawi. Its mission is to be an academic centre of excellence in the training of doctors and other health professionals in clinical service and medical research, responsive to the health needs of Malawi and its neighbours within the Southern African region. In pursuit of the mission, the CoM is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacancies:
Position: Assistant Security Liaison Officer (Blantyre-1 position)
Reporting to the Security Liaison Officer, the Assistant Security Liaison Officer will assist in the coordination and monitoring of security activities at the main campus.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Among other duties and responsibilities, the Assistant Security Liaison Officer will be expected to do the following:
- Patrol campus grounds to ensure all security posts are manned with appropriate security personnel as provided for in the security contract.
- Identify security risks and report the same to appropriate offices or take necessary action.
- Ensure buildings, unoccupied rooms, external doors, car parks and security systems are safe and secured.
- Maintain contacts and other details of security personnel and their supervisors.
- Provide advice to staff and students on security and safety issues.
- Investigate all security incidences in coordination with the service provide and Police where necessary.
- Prepare weekly reports on the attendance of security personnel.
- Enforce College security regulations by ensuring that the service provider has full information of the same.
- Undertake other general duties related to safety and security of staff, students and visitors.
- Diploma in Security Studies.
- 5 years of experience in a public security institution or reputable security entity.
- Knowledge of current security trends and systems.
- Knowledge of security laws
- Clean employment and criminal record
- Computer literate, with ability to use Microsoft packages (email, Word, PowerPoint).
- Good communication skills (oral and written)
- Excellent organisational skills
- Team work
How to Apply
Applications with copies of certificates and detailed Curriculum Vitae including names, contacts and emails of 3 traceable referees should be sent to:
College of Medicine
Private Bag 360
Email: [email protected]
Applications should be submitted by 21st December, 2020. Please indicate the title of the post in the subject line (email submissions) and on the envelope (hard copy submissions). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
- Employee | Full Time | 6 Mar, 2021JOB BYMyJobo
See all jobs